4L 2023 - 2024
Miss le Couteur
Hello and welcome to our page! My name is Miss le Couteur (but that's a mouthful and 'Miss L' is fine!); I am 4L's class teacher. We share our terrific TA, Mrs. Lund, with 4C. As always, we will be living the Etchells core values of enjoyment, challenge, creativity, aspiration, resilience and independence.
Supporting Your Child At Home
Honestly, the single most important thing to make time to do is read. Read to them, with them, let them read to you... It's the building block of absolutely everything and research shows again and again that children who read at home make better academic progress than those who don't. (It's also just lovely to have those few minutes each day to connect over a book.)
There are other ways you can support your child, too...
- All Year 4 children have to sit a times tables test in the Summer term. Cracking these facts make so many areas of Maths so much easier! The children have been asked to use this website to regularly practise their weekly tables: www.TimesTables.co.uk
- Please find more information about the nationwide times tables test here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/multiplication-tables-check-information-for-parents
- We send home Maths homework each Monday, designed to support the children's learning in class. Please return this to school by the following Monday.
- Remember: it's not 'cheating' to ask for help with this, or to Google some pointers. This is a really valuable study skill and we encourage you to do this!
- The children also receive homework selection sheets each half-term; these support learning in school in various subjects and are often creative projects, which are lovely for you to support your children in completing. Can't wait to see what you get upto!
A Little About Me
I have been a teacher for thirteen years and this is my tenth at Etchells. My favourite subject is English - I've loved it since my own primary school days - because I like reading wonderful books and playing around with language, grammar and punctuation; I also believe very strongly in doing the characters' voices when reading a story! When I am not in school, I like talking to my cats (they always agree with everything I say), watching the foxes and hedgehogs who visit my garden each night, reading, Oxford commas, and hosting dinner parties with varying degrees of culinary success.
Get In Touch!
If you've ever any questions or concerns, please don't even hesitate to get in touch and I bet we can easily sort them. I'm on the door welcoming the children in every morning and I see them out at hometime most afternoons. You can also message on Class Dojo and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Files to Download
4L: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
4L: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display